The Rebirth of Fashion

When fashion takes a break it sits down and takes a picture.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Through my Shades

Sitting in the window
Of a coffee shop
Sipping on white chocolate
Blowing on the clockwise position
Of the way I stirred
Just right now not too hot
Twelve hundred dollars in my pocket
Is all I have but not all I got
Reading the wall street journal
Away downtown only two blocks
Just checking out options
Of my stocks
Five points higher than yesterday
Smith n Wesson released new clocks
which I can't wait to cop
From the Marcy Avenue Barbershop
With one last sip
My left hand pencil jots
Down my number for the female
With the light brown locks
She's been eyeing me
Like a flame to a cooking pot
Sitting there looking
At this Bad Boy from New Lots
Brooklyn if you connect the dots
Chair from my Dockers disappears
As I rise quicker than Jesus
With no fear and with my right foot
I step less the bop
Well maybe just a little one
Just so she can see the real me
Less the tie the fly the lie
Original Unique one out of the many
Who knows how to count pennies
That has added up to 60 twenties
Heavy the heart my breath gently
I say excuse me
May I introduce myself to your soul?
Secured by that Kente
Where she replied sure I my name is
I mildly interrupted and said
Let me guess Brandi
Spelled with an I right
And she said right
I replied with I dreamt of meeting you
Right here just like this
Wow, I remarked with a smile followed
By another Wow
And she glowed like
Life eternal on a heavenly brow
I with the left step
Moved forward with an embrace
Where she then disappeared
right from in front of my face
Mystifyingly amazed I grabbed my pillow
and continued counting the sunrays
Comforting my complexion

Through my Shades

No comments: