The Rebirth of Fashion

When fashion takes a break it sits down and takes a picture.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Poetry for My Family



There was once a time
Upon my first breath
Where the life of this world
Hosted a group of citizens
With the title of Kearse
You see the who what and when
And where I grew up
Let's see that's easy
Where my family grew up
And that should be easy for
You to figure out
Its where you lift your every voice
And sing
Church
Church
I like you was brought up in the church
Like I was brought up by my family
In New York New York
Royalty the name
Loyalty the game
Never ashamed
Never afraid
To walk that way home
Because of my family
My faith lied as it still does in my family
That is why I show up when I can
To be with my family
My family
Our family
Your family

[K]ind
[E]ndearing
[A]fican born in America once attached
[R]eligious
[S]incere and
[E]verything to me

Spelled out lyrically
I present to you

Poetry for My Family

No comments: