The Rebirth of Fashion

When fashion takes a break it sits down and takes a picture.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

An Unforeseen Devotion


To Summer who I now call Winter..

I don't want this kind of love from you
I don't want to be a part of some kind of group
I want to be loved by the core of your soul
I want to be thought of
the same way our ancestors
once thought about gold
Precious
like the way I hold every thought of your smile
even when I shed a tear
knowing that I am not your style
Damn!
Its like another black man behind bars
a waste of life incarcerated no longer shinned on by stars
This is the way I feel sometimes when I reminisce
about how I loved you so much from a far
I think back to when we met
how we met
the way we glanced
the way we danced
the way we chatted
the way we talked
the way we chilled
the way we thrilled
for the first time I felt unafraid
for the first time I felt brave
with every intention to protect you from any danger
that may have been grave
From VA to DC I've always held apart of your smile
so dear to me, as it was so heavenly
including the way I would looked into your eyes
which made me
feel like I was back in the 60's and 70's
you know the time when falling in love
while courting a women was the way to be sincerely
Summer with all of my unforeseen heart and foreseen emotions
I must release this pain from off of my chest to you as

An Unforeseen Devotion

No comments: