The Rebirth of Fashion

When fashion takes a break it sits down and takes a picture.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Soul Mate

Composed by Delicacy..... 11/29/07


We met but once as though by chance,
we didn't date, or did we dance.
We looked into each other's eyes
without deception or disguise.

A silent message passed between
your hungry heart was plainly seen.
You saw desire I could not hide,
you looked at me and saw inside.

How could a glance have said so much,
and cause a chill without a touch?
What was that chemistry that night,
that promised what we felt was right?

What satisfaction we'd have missed,
if we had not reached out and kissed.

I do not know if it was you,
or was it I who said, "Let's do."
But on that night our souls were bare
as surely as our bodies there.

Our bodies moved in harmony,
I couldn't tell the you from me.
And locked in passion as we were,
my sense of time began to blur.
I must have known you from before,
how else could you have reached my core?

In life perhaps before this one
what had we shared? What had we done?
With what I felt, emotions vast,
I must have loved you in the past.

But now we go our separate ways,
to different lives throughout our days.
I keep you though within my dreams,
Eternal soul mate, so it seems.

1 comment:

AHKMEL PHAROD said...

I would like to share my thoughts about this piece, just to have people understand the strength of expressions through art, verse and/or song.

I have read thoroughly each line of this poem and believe that all things are possible when it comes to achieving peace and freedom to share. I am moved honestly by the detailed, descriptions of Soul Mate. It puts my mind in perspective relatory to myself, like I composed this out loud, or lived this experience with someone. All I can say is WOW, and never stop writing whomever you are, where ever you are.

Thank You Sincerely

AHKMEL PHAROD