The Rebirth of Fashion

When fashion takes a break it sits down and takes a picture.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Greatest Love of Charles

A child’s been born
What now
What do we do?
This my first, Oh God!
What do I do?

Still at this moment
I can’t believe my eyes
Secreted by the tears
Of witnessing the birth
Of new life

Unstable the minutes
Less the seconds
I counted until
This new life started
To breathe I counted

Up to ten – matched
That count to the toes
Then to the fingers
Then to the dismay
That his nose
looked like my nose

Immediately I clutched
My heart with my chest
When I was able
to notice the rest

Thank you Lord
for protecting this new life
Aiding its travels
to exist now
outside of my new wife

Looking forward to
the days ahead with
a new Baby Calendar
on the wall
that I will circle with a heart
each day lived to symbolize

The Greatest Love of Charles

No comments: